We ask parents to send their children to school wearing the correct school uniform. Items on the following list are kept under review:
School uniform for all pupils:
- Grey skirt, trousers or shorts
- Pale blue shirt with striped clip-on school tie
- Grey v-neck pullover or grey v-neck buttoned cardigan, with optional badge
- Dark/white socks or plain dark tights
- Black shoes with flat heels.
PE clothing for all pupils:
- Navy blue/sky blue reversible rugby shirt
- Plain white polo shirt
- Navy blue football socks for winter
- White ankle sports socks for the summer term
- Navy shorts or navy skort
- Football boots and trainers
- Shin pads
We recommend that all pupils wear a mouth guard for both hockey and rugby.
Other optional items: tracksuit bottoms, and base layer (Note: these do not replace normal kit)
Please could you ensure that all clothing and personal belongings are clearly marked with the child’s name.
The pullover/cardigan with badge, tie and the rugby shirt are available from Deane & Sons, Bath Street, Cheddar.
Second hand uniform is available in school. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in obtaining items.
The wearing of jewellery in school is restricted to:
- One small stud earring in each earlobe. No other ear or facial piercing is allowed
- Watches are permitted, although smart watches are not to be paired/synced to any mobile devices when in school
- No other jewellery is permitted in school (rings, necklaces, chains, etc.)
- Pupils will be asked to remove any unacceptable jewellery even if the piercing is new. To avoid potential conflict new piercings should be arranged for the start of holiday times so that the wearing of studs will not be required during school time.
- If worn, makeup must be applied discreetly for a natural look.
- Nail varnish, including artificial nails/acrylics, are not allowed.
- False eyelashes are not to be worn under any circumstances.
- Makeup items should not be brought into school.
The decision as to what qualifies as discreet rests with the Headteacher, School Leadership Team and Head of Years