The Leadership, Enrichment and Academia Programme (LEAP) has been developed to recognise and reward a pupil’s commitment and effort beyond their academic learning.
As well as developing academic abilities, we also want pupils to develop personally and to this end, we offer a wide range of enrichment opportunities from leadership roles within the school, positions of responsibility to extracurricular clubs and activities. Involvement in these experiences will enable pupils to accrue points towards the LEAP award and will be recognised and rewarded for developing their skills and contributions to school life.
LEAP opportunities are available throughout a pupil’s time at Fairlands, although many are exclusive to Year 8.
LEAP opportunities include:
- School council representatives
- Lunch hall support
- Year 5 buddies
- Taster day mentors and transition representatives
- UKYP advocates
- Digital, maths, MFL and sports leaders.
- Pupil receptionists
- Wellbeing champions
- School play choreographers
- Open evening tour guides and activity assistants
- Maths and reading buddies
- Involvement in school sports teams, the Mock Trial competition, Maths Challenge, drama and music performances, Laureate Challenge and Carnegie Challenge.